Today is the National Day of Prayer. Our nation has a long heritage of turning back to God in a time of need. These times of need are usually precipitated by compromise and sin which leads to the judgment of God. Those times of judgment often bring us back to God, and coming back to God in turn brings His blessings.
In 2 Chronicles 7:13-14, we read, “When I shut up heaven and there is no rain, or command the locusts to devour the land, or send pestilence among My people, if My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land.” (NKJV)
If there has ever been a time in America’s history where we need to turn back to God, this is the time! Will you join us in praying for our state and nation today? I urge you to cry out to God today and everyday for this nation that we love so dearly.
- The National Day of Prayer Breakfast, Thursday, May 3 at PSL Community Center on Airoso Blvd and PSL Blvd., Port Saint Lucie, FL at 8:30-10:30 am will include prayers by Personhood FL Director Pastor Bryan Longworth and State Coordinator Brenda MacMenamin.
- The National Day of Prayer Service at Morningside Church, 2180 SE Morningside Blvd. Port St. Lucie, FL at 6:30 pm will include prayer and personhood petitioning by Personhood Florida State Coordinator Brenda MacMemanmen. This prayer service will include a time for participants to cry out to God on behalf of our nation. See Morningside’s website for more information.
- Other National Day of Prayer events are scheduled for the Treasure Coast and across Florida and the Nation. View National Day of Prayer Events in your area, and join us in pleading with God to send us revival lest we perish in our sin.
Will you pray for America? Will you pray for our state? Take our online poll.
Latest posts by Pastor Bryan Longworth (see all)
- Election 2016 – Shock and Awe, Sermon - November 14, 2016
- How We Can Be In The World But Not Of The World This Halloween - October 30, 2016
- Applying Biblical Principles to the Proposed Constitutional Amendments and St Lucie County Referendums - October 26, 2016