The Bible has much to say about Angels. Most books in scripture contain references to angelic visitations or ministry. Angels minister on behalf of believers. We are not to worship them or pray to them. We are not to be afraid of angels. Angels announced the birth of Christ. They ministered to Jesus after His temptation. An angel released the Apostle Peter from prison when the early church was praying.
There is good reason to believe that angels probably do sing, even though scripture does not say yea or nay. Watch the full sermon video.
Opening Passage : Psalm 91
1. The Bible mentions Archangels in at least two verses: I Thess 4: 16 & Jude 9.
a. The three archangels are:
1) Gabriel – a messenger angel (See Dan 9: 20 – 23 & Luke 1: 26 – 28)
2) Michael – a warring angel (See Dan 10: 13 & Luke 1: 26 – 28)
3) Lucifer – a worshiping angel- a covering cherub (Ezek 28: 14 – 16)
*( 1 & 2 remain archangels. Lucifer was expelled from heaven and is now known as Satan or the Devil- See Luke 10: 18)
2. Bible references to angels are too numerous to cover in one or two messages. If one reads the Bible through, the ministry of God’s angels is a recurrent theme.
3. Hebrews 1: 14, in reference to angels, says: “Are they not all ministering spirits sent forth to minister for those who will inherit salvation?”
4. We hear of people today who brag about what angels do or have done for them, who apparently have no relationship with God through Jesus Christ. This is either deception or they are in a precarious position. Scripture warn against worshiping angels. (Col. 2: 18 – 19) When angels appeared to people in Bible times, the people were encouraged to not be afraid and not to worship the angel(s).
5. If, in fact, angels are appointed by God to minister on behalf of the “heirs of salvation” that is, we who are God’s children, why aren’t we experiencing a greater or more frequent manifestation of angels?
6. Among others, angels appeared to: Abraham, Jacob, Joshua, Gideon, Manoah-father-to-be-of Samson, Elijah, Elisha and his servant, Isaiah, Daniel, Zechariah- the prophet, Zacharias- father of John the baptist, Mary, Joseph, the Shepherds, the Wise Men, Peter, Phiip, Paul, John the Apostle, etc. (I Kings 19: 3-8, Matt 4: 11)
7. It is consistent with scripture that when we love God and speak and act on His word, angels minister on our behalf and help to bring answers to prayer.
Pastor Chuck Longworth is the Founder and Senior Pastor of Covenant Tabernacle in Port St. Lucie, FL. Longworth has ministered the gospel, in some form or fashion, for most of the past 55 yrs. He has taught science, as well as Bible classes, in both private and public schools & Bible Colleges. Longworth hold a Bachelors degree from Lee University and a Master of Theology from Logos Christian College & Graduate School. Longworth has made more than a dozen short teaching & mission trips to Central America including Honduras, Costa Rica, Belize, the Bahamas, and Haiti. Longworth firmly believes that the churches greatest hour is yet to come.
Covenant Tabernacle World Outreach Center in Port Saint Lucie Florida is a nondenominational, charismatic reformed church that believes the Pentecostal gifts of the Holy Spirit are available to believers today. We believe God has called us to worship, proclaim His word, and Disciple the nations in obedience to His commandments.
At Covenant Tabernacle, we believe in worshipping God “with all your heart, with all your soul, with all your mind, and with all your strength.” (Mark 12:30 – NKJV) As a part of our worship, we blow the Shofar as blown in ancient Jewish worship.
Powerful, Bible based Preaching
We believe that the word of God is true (2 Samuel 7:28) and that “All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness, that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work.” (2 Timothy 3:16-17 NKJV) We encourage all believers to develop a Biblical Worldview that shapes our view on not only our personal life but also our family, friends, loved ones, church, and civil government.
We believe in following Christ’s Great Commission to “‘go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.’ Amen.” (Matthew 28:19-20 NKJV) As such, we believe in discipling individuals, families, communities, cities, states, and nations in obedience to God’s word.
Latest posts by Pastor Bryan Longworth (see all)
- Don’t Miss The Upcoming Sanctity of Human Life Week Events in Your Area - January 20, 2018
- 2018 Treasure Coast March for Life - January 19, 2018
- Sermon, It’s Time for Your Examination, New Year’s Resolution - January 14, 2018